Friday, September 21, 2007

8 Things You Didn't Know About Me - Nathan




We've been "tagged" multiple times to post the 8 things about us that you might now know, so I'm going to start first and then maybe Amber will join with a little peer pressure!


1. I speak Japanese pretty fluently and with their accent (I grew up in Japan).

2. I started playing soccer when I was in 5th grade and and played into my college years. I wanted to go pro, but after a year of college ball I had to quit because of knee problems. 4 knee surgeries and a missing acl later, I'm still not able to play much, but I have a kind of secret goal to get my knees fixed and play semi-pro ball by the time I'm 30. Check out a rather amusing picture from college here.

3. I play three instruments, though clarinet is the primary. I started playing in 5th grade and was going to minor in it in college, but figured I didn't need to take classical clarinet (ignorantly) if I wanted to play a different style of music, so I dropped the minor. I once placed third at a national competition in the largest Christian high school competition in the country.

4. Growing up, my family and I owned or took care of three dogs, two cats, three birds, a turtle, multiple lizards, a gazillion gold fish, and a ferret, all at various times.

5. I was born in Kokomo, Indiana, grew up in Japan, and have lived in Washington state, Georgia, and now Tennessee. Needless to say, my accents mix together.

6. I once broke my hand/wrist so bad playing soccer that I ended up wearing a cast for over a year! Because it was on my right hand (and I'm right-handed), I had to learn to write with my cast, and I even had them set the cast so that I could still reach on octave on the piano!

7. I have at least driven/ridden through every state except for Alaska and Hawaii.

8. My major in college was Bible/Youth Ministry. I never did finish my degree, though I'm only short about 20 hours.

Alright Amber.... Tag, you're it!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so do not believe that is you in that picture. My bride tomorrow looks just like Amber! Makes me miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Do you still play your clarinet??

I hadn't played mine for almost 10 years, but started playing for our church orchestra again last year! It took a little while to get my lips back in shape.

Have a good weekend!

Shyla said...

another 8 reasons why you are so amazing!!!
;)

Orange County Wedding Photographer said...

Konichiwa!

Orange Cat Photo said...

moshi, moshi!

I used to play the clarinet, too! But it only lasted about two years!

Why don't we take a drive up to Alaska sometime and mark that off of both of our lists!?

regina holder said...

Another clarinet player, even marched two years in high school until I quit to be yearbook photographer. I also have ridden through every state except HI, AK and ME - so I am one behind.

Is this where we start chanting? AMBER, AMBER, AMBER!!!

Holritz Photography said...

I want to start pulling the clarinet out once a week just to keep up the skilz! Hahaha!

Oooh! Drive up to Alaska would be fun! A cruise would be even better!

Amber! You're next!

- N

Liz Power Photography said...

Well aren't you just the epitome of well-roundedness. Athletic skilz, music skilz, art skilz, religious skilz. This man's got it all;)
Becca

Anonymous said...

#5 was especially interesting, i didnt know all of that (which is why reading the 8 things all over the net has been pretty cool). it almost sounds like that new cell phone commercial... JaShingSeeGiaDiana

Jennifer of VanSuydam Photographers said...

That soccer photo is hilarious and awesome, haha. Love it.